Monday, May 06, 2013

Art in the City

When I heard the Alphonse Mucha collection has arrived in Tokyo, I could not resist going to see his work in real life. art and design students all know him as the grandfather of illustration. And indeed, he really is the master!

The art exhibit is held at Mori Art Museum in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo from March 9 till May 19th. I was just in time! 

 

 No photos allowed but I bought this postcard of one of Mucha's most famous works, RĂªverie.


The Mori Museum is overlooking  Roppongi Hills and The Tokyo  Tower can be seen from here. Ah, what a lovely sight!


It certainly is wonderful to see Mucha's work in person. I got chills just seeing how delicate and detailed they all are. If you are in the Tokyo area, be sure to check it out before the exhibition ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment